Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Meltdown

Today I had a stressful afternoon. There was a massive miscommunication within my management's group assignment. The worst part was, a bunch of adults in a management class, were being rude and bossing each other around - rather than trying to find a solution. I was getting angry, at things that were being said, and at the fact that no one was taking responsibility and everyone was pointing fingers. So this caused a meltdown. I lost it, thankfully I have amazing friends and family who let me cry to them on the phone, swear at them, and help come up with effective solutions. I think in the end I can be proud of how I handled the situation. I refrained from pointing fingers, accusing people in the group, and making a ruckus (at least as far as the group could see). I also took initiative and came up with a solution, after apologizing for any part I had in the issue. Long story short - I hope our presentation tomorrow goes well, and everyone feels like they have enough time to prepare.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on keeping your cool (in public)! :) I'm sure your presentation will be great!

    ReplyDelete